Register for ONLINE Maymester, 5-week June & 10-week June. All campus locations are closed through May 4, including the libraries, computer, math, and writing labs. Student Services are offered online. Stay informed: COVID-19 FAQs
Veterans Resource Center
The Veterans Resource Centers (VRC's) at Collin College connect students with resources designed to ensure a smooth transition into college and foster academic success.
Veterans are welcomed and encouraged to utilize the study area and computer stations at the centers. Spending time in the VRC also provides students the opportunity to network with other individuals who have served.
The Veterans Resource Centers can help connect students to resources both at school
and in the community.
Resources at Collin College:
- Financial Aid
- Employment Contacts and Links
- VA Education Benefits
- Personal Counseling
External Resources and Community Partners:
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1(800) 273 8255 (Press 1)
- VA Disability Benefits
- Center for Brain Health: Center for Brain Health is still looking for qualified veterans for PTSD study to receive treatment and compensation
- Personal Finance
- Military Peer Network: Connects veterans and their families to local, state, and national resources through an active group of veteran peers
- Texas Veterans Leadership Program: A Texas Workforce Commission resource and referral network connecting returning veterans with a variety of resources.
- Texas Veterans Portal: Information on many beneficial programs, downloadable forms, and employment resources
- Veterans Center of North Texas: Providing support and information exclusively to veterans and their families.
- Employer Support of The Guard and Reserves (ESGR): A Department of Defense program designed to assist Reservists/National Guard members in the resolution of conflicts arising with employers over their employees service.
- Military OneSource
- Travis Manion Foundation: Empowers veterans and families of fallen heroes to develop character in future generations.
- Operation Healthy Reunions: Addresses reuniting with your spouse and children, adjusting after war, depression, and PTSD
- 22Kill: Creating a community that raises awareness and combats suicide by empowering veterans, first responders, and their families.
- HUD/VASH: A collaborative program between HUD and the VA to combat homelessness among veterans.
- Steven A. Cohen clinic: Provides quality, accessible, and comprehensive mental health care to veterans and their families regardless of ability to pay.
- After Deployment: Wellness resources
- Returning Service Members
- Real Warriors: Awareness campaign for service members, veterans, and families
- Texas Veterans Land Board: Information on land sales, home purchase and loans for Texas veterans.
- National Cemetery Administration: Information on burial benefits and more!
PTSD Awareness Info: