Campus facilities are closed until further notice. Limited in-person appointments
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
Credit By Exam
Institutional Credit by Examination
Credit in certain courses offered at Collin may be earned by Institutional Credit by Examination. On the basis of previous training or experience, any student who has reason to believe he or she can pass an examination in one or more of these courses may be permitted to make application for such examination with the approval of the Associate Dean and the assigned instructor in each of the particular departmental areas.
A student must have completed six (6) semester hours of traditional credit at Collin and have successful completion of a course within the last 12 months to have non-traditional credit applied to their record.
A fee of $30 is charged for each Institutional Credit by Examination. A minimum score of 70 is required to receive credit for the exam. An exam score or credit earned is not included in the computation of the grade point average (GPA).
For specific information, contact the appropriate department listed below:
- Business Information and Engineering Technology: 972.377.1900
- Fine Arts: 972.881.5162
- Mathematics and Natural Science: 972.881.5880
- Health Science and Emergency Services: 972.548.6679
- Social and Behavioral Sciences: 972.881.5800
- American Sign Language (ASL): Consult with an Interpreter Education Program (IEP) Advisor
- Fire Science: 972.548.6836