Mental Health Resources (Counseling)
Collin College Counselors aim to support our students' success by offering counseling
services to help maintain a safe and healthy learning environment. Students seek counseling
for a variety of reasons, which include but aren't limited to: depression, anxiety,
relationship issues, trauma, general wellness, domestic violence/abuse, academic concerns,
alcohol/drug addiction, gender identity, eating/body image, stress, etc.
All issues are taken seriously, and no problem is "too small" to discuss.
Click here to watch a video about our services.
Once you begin classes at Collin College, you are eligible for counseling services.
We look forward to working with you. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
What you say in counseling will be treated by all Counseling Center staff with strict confidentiality. Your information is protected by state and federal laws and will not be disclosed to anyone outside Counseling Services without your written permission.
In some instances, when, in the judgment of the counselor, you or someone else is in imminent danger, your permission may not be needed. Other possible exceptions will be discussed in your first session.
Counseling records are considered personal health information and are protected by federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) statutes.
Concerned about a Collin Student?
Click here for information about submitting a referral to our SOBI team.
Collin County Mental Health Authority:
For a serious mental health non-life threatening crisis requiring professional intervention, call the Local Mental Health Authority: LifePath Behavioral Health Services at 1(877) 422-5939.
- To visit the LifePath Behavioral Health Services website click here.
- LifePath's Plano Outpatient Clinic is located at 7308 Alma Drive Plano, TX 75024
- LifePath's McKinney Outpatient Clinic is located at 1515 Heritage Drive McKinney, TX 75069
- Collin College Campus Police: (972) 578-5555
- Hope's Door New Beginnings Center Domestic Violence Crisis Hotline: (972) 276-0057
- Turning Point Rape Crisis Center Hotline: 1(800) 866-7273
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1(800) 273 8255, Press 1
- Denton County MHMR Crisis Hotline: 1(800) 762-0157