The Public Relations office leads Collin College's brand management activities and manages both external and internal communications, including the oversight of media and community relations, college publications, website design & content, and digital media communications. PR's communications and creative professionals work closely with campus departments to achieve the college's recruitment, admissions and retention goals.
The Public Relations office completes more than 1,200 project annually. Our services include:
- advertising plans and placement
- communications, marketing and media relations strategies and tactics
- digital marketing
- direct mail promotions
- editorial services (writing and editing)
- graphic design & production
- invitations (print and electronic)
- marketing communications materials (brochures, pamphlets, booklets)
- press releases and media relations
- public relations for events and initiatives
- social media
- vendor recommendations for printing, photography and design
- video production
- web design & development
For media inquiries, public information requests, or a list of key department contacts, click here.
If you would like to request specific marketing or promotional assistance, please click here to fill out and submit a request form online.
Questions about a new project? Contact Keli Fink, production coordinator, at 972.758.3838.
Not all projects require in-depth marketing assistance. These templates are provided to help Collin College departments move forward quickly with simple promotional collateral items. Here's how to use them:
- Click on the desired template in the right hand column.
- Insert/adjust text in the areas provided.
- Add graphics (no unauthorized or copyrighted images without permission).
- Submit to Keli Fink at email@example.com. PR will review and approve or edit.
- Once you've received approval, you're good to go!
The Purchasing Department has bid promotional products (e.g. pens, banners, T-shirts, etc.), pre-approving vendors for your convenience. For a listing of vendors login in to CougarWeb and follow these instructions.
- Click on the My Workplace tab
- Go to the District Services window and click on Purchasing
- On the left-hand side menu, click on Contracts
- Scroll down to Promotional Items and click on B-4109 Promotional Products
- This will take you to a listing of Collin’s promotional vendors and their contact information
For further information or questions regarding purchasing, please visit their intranet site by following steps one and two from above, or call 972.758.3873.
Below are instructions for requesting artwork.
- Plan ahead and allow up to 6-8 weeks for art production.
- Complete a project request form
- In the request form provide PR with the following. PR will not move forward on a requested project without this information.
- Description of item
- Imprint area
- Number of ink colors
PR will only send artwork to the vendor upon design approval by the client and receipt of department’s purchase order number.