Collin County Community College District (Collin College) maintains a position classification structure with pay ranges for staff and administrator positions within the college.
Positions at Collin College
Full-time staff and administrator positions are grouped into one of the following job families:
- Staff Exempt (EX)
- Staff Non-Exempt (NE)
- Part-time Staff Non-Exempt (PT)
Salary Ranges and Job Descriptions
Individual employee compensation is established within the minimum and maximum of the appropriate salary range.
- Staff Salary Ranges Chart
- Full-time Faculty Salary Range Chart and Guidelines
- Associate Faculty (Part-time) Compensation Chart and Payroll Schedule
Part-time staff positions are hired at hourly equivalent of the minimum of the position's assigned salary range.
Employee salaries advance through the established pay range based upon the general pay increases (GPI) approved by the Board. While a general pay increase is typically granted each year by the Board of Trustees and is effective with the beginning of an academic year, an annual increase is not guaranteed.
Procedures and Guidelines
- Staff Compensation Plan Administrative Procedures Guide
- Faculty Load Compensation Guidelines
- Faculty Absence Procedures
- Guidelines and Maximum Work Hours for Part-Time Positions at Collin College
- FLSA/Time Sheet Guidelines
- Non-Exempt Travel Time Reporting Guidelines
Compensation Review Requests
Request for Compensation Review Form - This form is to be completed by a supervisor requesting evaluation of a new position.
Classification of New Positions
New positions must have a written job description and must be classified in the pay system prior to opening and posting the position. HR Compensation will establish the salary range classification of new positions based on
- job qualifications and required skills,
- compensable factors utilized in the point factor job evaluation system
- job duties and responsibilities defined by the college, and
- market value for the job.
HR will only consider requests for reclassification of positions when:
- a department is being reorganized and the duties of the positions are being shifted,
- there will be significant and sustained changes to the position, and/or
- when the college is unable to recruit qualified applicants for the position because of its current classification.
An employee in a position that is being reclassified may be automatically placed into the reclassified position if the reclassified position retains 50% or more of the overall responsibilities of the former position and the employee meets the minimum qualifications for the reclassified position.
If the reclassified position retains less than 50% of the overall responsibilities of the former position, the reclassified position is considered a new position and must be posted.
If you have any questions regarding the compensation review online request form and/or the compensation review process, please contact Larry Robertson, Director HR/Compensation and HR Systems at (972) 599-3160 or Monica Barron at (972) 599-3108 for further assistance.
Compensation Forms and Payroll Links
- TimeClock Plus (TCP) (For TCP instructions and related information log into CougarWeb -> My Workplace -> Business Administrative Services -> Payroll-TimeClock Plus menu to view TCP Instructions and web site log-in links)
- Agreement for Summer Teaching Assignments With Formula Pay
- Application for Leave Form (Associate Faculty and Part-time Staff complete this form for Leave without Pay, Jury Duty, or Military Leave only)
- Faculty Payroll Election Form (Please print the form, sign it and return it to Cherie Hill, Human Resources, CHEC for processing.)
- Mid-Term Course Reassignment Worksheet Termination - PURPLE FORM
- Payroll Forms and Information (CougarWeb -> My Workplace -> Business Administrative Services > Payroll)
- Substitute Payment Form