Campus facilities are closed until further notice. Limited in-person appointments
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
Information and How to...
Information and How to...
Visit the Student Life Office at Spring Creek Campus (SCC), Central Park Campus (CPC), or Preston Ridge Campus (PRC). Present your driver license or other valid picture ID. As long as you are set up on payroll, which usually occurs about 10 days before your first paycheck, you will be able to obtain the card. Otherwise, wait until after you receive your first paycheck.
For routine services, such as annual eye exams or well-women exams, no referrals are needed. All other specialist visits require a referral from your PCP in order to receive network benefits.
To designate your Primary Care Physician (PCP) for your health plan for the first time, call (800) 252 - 8039. A PCP can be designated over the phone and will be effective the same day. Confirm the effective date of the change. You will then receive a new card in the mail if your change is to be effective for long-term to your home address. The card should arrive in about 10 business days.
- During Annual Enrollment: Start at the ERS website http://www.ers.texas.gov to get to ERS OnLine. Click on the green "My Account" button, and then request a new password if necessary. You need this password to make changes online. Annual Enrollment changes must be entered in ERS OnLine no later than the last day of Annual Enrollment.
- Outside of Annual Enrollment: Contact your Benefits Manager in Human Resources for allowable changes and appropriate forms. Not all changes can be made online. Outside of Annual Enrollment, an eligible change in family status or qualifying life event is required within the last 30 days, and the change applied for and/or made must be consistent with the event.
Some coverage changes require approval through the evidence of insurability or EOI process, even during Annual Enrollment.
Evidence of insurability (EOI) is an application process in which you provide medical information regarding the condition of your health. EOI may be required to enroll in, add dependents to or increase some insurance coverages.
EOI is required when:
- You enroll in Optional Term Life Elections 3 and 4 at any time;
- You enroll in Optional Term Life Elections 1 and 2 after your first 30 days of employment;
- You initially apply for enrollment in Optional Term Life as a retiree or after your first 30 days of retirement;
- You enroll in Disability Income coverage (either short- or long-term) after your first 30 days of employment;
- You enroll in or add dependents to Dependent Term Life after your first 30 days of employment or retirement, or after your dependent's first 30 days as an eligible dependent; and
You enroll in or add dependents to HealthSelect coverage after your first 30 days of employment or retirement, or after your dependent's first 30 days as an eligible dependent, except when you are enrolling in HealthSelect during Annual Enrollment and no other plan such as an HMO is available to you and your dependents.
EOI is not required when:
- You enroll in Optional Term Life Elections I and II during your first 30 days of employment;
- You enroll in Disability Income coverage during your first 30 days;
- You enroll in or add dependents to Dependent Term Life during your first 30 days or during your dependent's first 30 days as an eligible dependent;
- You enroll in or add dependents to HealthSelect coverage during your first 30 days of employment or during your first 30 days of retirement, in which case you must qualify for retiree insurance,
- You add a dependent to your HealthSelect coverage during his/her first 30 days as an eligible dependent,
- You enroll dependents in HealthSelect because there is no HMO available during Annual Enrollment,
- You enroll in or increase your Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage; and
- You enroll in or add dependents to dental coverage.
- You must complete the EOI application either within 30 days of the Qualifying Life Event that allowed you to apply for the coverage or within the dates of the Summer Enrollment period.
The EOI application requests information about you and/or your dependent's health.
- Securian Life may ask you to have a medical examination and/or request your medical records as part of the review process.
For information on the status of your application, call Securian Life Insurance at 877-494-1716. If no action is taken on your application within six months, it will be canceled and you must reapply. This may require that you have another Qualifying Life Event or wait for the next Annual Enrollment.
You will either be approved or denied coverage based on the medical information provided by you and/or your doctor. You will receive an approval or denial letter. To add coverage that is approved, notify Human Resources by providing a copy of the approval letter. Approved coverage will be effective the first of the month following the date your approval letter is received in Human Resources. The earliest effective date for Annual Enrollment changes--without a Qualifying Life Event--is September 1st.
Please log into CougarWeb at https://cougarweb.collin.edu/ to update information including office and home addresses, telephone numbers, and emergency contact information at any time during the year.
- Select the MY WORKPLACE tab at the top of the page
- Double click the Benefits link under Employment Details
- Select the PERSONAL INFORMATION tab at the top of the page.
- Review, and if necessary, update your home address, emergency contact information, and veterans classification by selecting the VIEW ADDRESS, VIEW EMERGENCY CONTACTS, and VETERANS CLASSIFICATIONS links from the list on the left side of the page.
- When changes to each section are complete, click the PERSONAL INFORMATION tab at the top of the page to return to the menu to make other types of changes.
- To change your home or campus address and telephone number, select the VIEW ADDRESS link. Click on UPDATE ADDRESSES AND PHONES link. Click on the word "CURRENT" next to the address type you wish to change (Only W-2 and Campus address types are available to change.) Please include your County when updating your home address. It is important that your address be up to date in order to receive your W-2 form in January. You should also update your home address with ERS for insurance purposes. Make changes through ERS On-line at their web site, http://www.ers.texas.gov. See the HR web site http://www.collin.edu/hr/benefits/web_address_change.html for more detailed instructions.
- To change Emergency Contact, select the link VIEW EMERGENCY CONTACTS. Click UPDATE EMERGENCY CONTACTS. Edit the information on the existing emergency contact by clicking on the contact's highlighted name. Update the information (e.g. telephone number) then click Submit. You may add another emergency contact by clicking on NEW CONTACT and entering the new information, then click SUBMIT.
- To review and/or update the Veteran's classification on file select the VETERAN'S CLASSIFICATIONS link, enter information and click SUBMIT.
- When you are done with all changes, click EXIT at the top right hand side of the form to sign out of CougarWeb.
How to make on-line changes through ERS:
You will make changes through ERS On-line at their web site, http://www.ers.texas.gov. To log in, please click on the Access My Account button in the upper right hand side of the ERS home screen and enter your userid and password. If you are not a frequent user of ERS On-line and do not have a userid and password, you will need to register first.
Click the appropriate link under "My Personal Information" to view and update your personal information:
- email address,
- password, and
- phone numbers.
When your change is complete, a confirmation will be sent to your email address on file. If you do not have an email address on file, the confirmation will be sent to your mailing address.
There is an Account Sign-in Tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QogqUgS6fek&lr=1&uid=1ldbBXvA0sZHW9I2igc07g.
Logging into ERS On-line also presents an excellent opportunity to update your email address and review your beneficiaries for life insurance.
To update your beneficiary data with ERS, go online at http://www.ers.texas.gov. Sign in to ERS OnLine, request a new password if necessary, and change your beneficiary(ies) online. ERS will mail you a confirmation form to sign and have witnessed. Important: The beneficiary change is not official until after the signed and witnessed form is received at ERS.
To update your beneficiary data with TRS, complete the TRS Designation of Beneficiary Form and send it to Human Resources at the Collin Higher Education Center in McKinney for forwarding to TRS, or mail it directly to TRS.
To update your beneficiary data with your ORP company, contact your ORP company to request a beneficiary change form.
Part-time employees with MetLife PERC, or FICA Alternative accounts, can contact our MetLife representative, Mr. Chuck Mulkey at (214) 395 - 7480 or email@example.com or Human Resources at (972) 985 - 3783 to request a Plan Update Form.
Use the Banner Master Name Change Form to update name change and marital status only. Submit completed form to Human Resources at CHEC for processing.
See Texa$aver 457 Plan website for more plan details.
Contact the Collin College Help Desk at 972-548-6555 at Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC).