Register for ONLINE Maymester, 5-week June & 10-week June. All campus locations are closed through May 4, including the libraries, computer, math, and writing labs. Student Services are offered online. Stay informed: COVID-19 FAQs
Additional Links & Services
Veterans Affairs Links
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)
VA Educational Information Contact Number (888) 442-4551
Other VA Information (800) 827-1000
To Order a Joint Services Transcript (JST)
Collin College Resources
Veterans Transition Specialists
The three Veterans Tranisition Specialists works through the Admissions Office to
assist veteran students with their admissions to the college to ensure a smooth transition.
They are the degree evaluators for veteran students' transfer work and also coordinate the Veterans Early Registration event each semester.
The Veterans Transitions Specialists and their locations are listed below. Office hours are posted on their office door.
Shayne Brown - Email Shayne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Creek Campus = Room G-122
Quandrel Stephens - Email Quandrel at email@example.com
Preston Ridge Campus = Room F126A
Adela "Del" Valdez - Email Del at firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Park Campus = Room D-201
Collin Counseling Services
Collin offers a variety of counseling services and resources for veteran students as well.
Visit the Counseling Services Office here to find out more.
VA Educational and Vocational Counseling Services
The VA provides one-on-one vocational and personal counseling services for:
- veterans who are within 6 months prior to discharge from active duty;
- are within one year following discharge from active duty;
- are current beneficiaries of educational assistance under Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1606 and 1607;
- or are veterans and qualified dependents who are eligible for and have entitlements to educational assistance under those same chapters.
Counseling services include:
- Counseling to facilitate career decision making for civilian or military occupations;
- Educational and vocational counseling to choose an appropriate civilian occupation and develop a training program;
- Academic and adjustment counseling to resolve barriers that impede success in training
For more information on the VA's educational and vocational counseling services, click here.
Helpful Links to Other Sites of Interest
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Coast Guard
Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)
Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS)
The Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy have gone to a Joint Services Transcript system now. Click here to request an official transcript.
Air Force/Community College of the Air Force
Veterans Education Benefits | Texas Veterans Portal