Welcome to Collin College's New Student Orientation!
Freshmen and First Time In College students attending Collin College are required to complete either the on campus or online Orientation prior to registering for courses. Orientation participants will learn about Collin College academic and community expectations, campus culture, services and the resources available to students on all Collin College Campuses. There is no charge for students to complete either on campus or online.
Orientation staff is here to help and direct you, answer your questions and address your concerns. The professional staff, the faculty and the Campus Ambassadors you will meet as a part of on campus Orientation will be a great resource for you as you get ready to start college.
On Campus Orientation
CLICK HERE FOR ON CAMPUS
On Campus Orientation is not a come-and-go event. Registration is required to attend on campus Orientation.
- Students wanting to attend an on-campus Orientation are encouraged to register in advance.
- In order to meet the college criteria of completing Orientation, students who are late to Orientation will not receive credit for the Orientation and will have to register for a different Orientation session.
- Walk-ins to Orientation are accepted as time and space allows.
Family / Guest Orientation
- Time is allotted at the end of on campus Orientations for family and guest questions and discussion. Family members and guests of students are welcome and encouraged to attend Orientation at no charge.
- Children are not able to attend on campus orientations.
If you are unable to attend one of our on campus orientations, you can complete an online orientation session. Click here and you will be prompted to log-in to CougarWeb. Under the STUDENT tab, click Holds and click Online Orientation.
- For a list of topics and presentations covered at new student orientation, refer to the Orientation Agenda
- For a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), refer to the New Student Orientation FAQs.
New Student Orientation Staff (student Campus Ambassadors)
Collin College has an amazing staff of professionals and students who plan, coordinate, and execute each new student orientation session. Our student, Campus Ambassadors attend each event to serve as academic and social role models and mentor new students at Collin College. Do you like what you see? Would you like to be a Campus Ambassador? To learn more about the Campus Ambassador Position, please click here.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972.881.5788 if you have any questions.