Campus facilities are closed until further notice. Limited in-person appointments are available.
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS

On View. . . .

The Art Gallery at Collin College

Plano Campus (Spring Creek)

JACOB GODLEY 
The Art Gallery at Collin College

"Wall of Fame"
Former Student Spotlight for
May 15-June 15, 2020

Each month, Art Gallery Director Julie Shipp interviews a former student who worked in the Gallery, following the success and personal achievements since launching his/her academic path from Collin College.

Godley Jacob

Jacob Godley                                                      

Godley Group
I am currently a student at Texas A&M University-Commerce. I recently helped the city of Farmersville by researching about Broadband Internet and presenting the results to the city council with my team.
Very grateful to God for that opportunity. 

From a personal standpoint, as a student majoring in Computer Science, I had zero knowledge of visual arts. However, working at the Collin College Art Gallery completely turned that around (not that I know everything about an artwork but I've started to appreciate the art a lot more). Paying attention to the details, by trying to analyze what the artist is trying to convey, and so on are some of the things I learned over time as a
Collin College Art Gallery Assistant.  

When I was hired, Julie also hired two other students named Dan and Robyn. Even though at first we were co-workers, we eventually became very good friends and still talk to this day. Dan especially is one of my good buddies and we used to hang out after work or classes while we still went to Collin College.
We still stay in touch and I intend to keep it that way.

Working at the Collin College Art Gallery is a very unique experience. You have tasks that help you gain more expertise in various different aspects such as customer service, building valuable relationships, time management and so many others that I can't even fit here.
And on top of that, working in the gallery surrounds you with positive vibes.

JACOB GODLEY 
The Art Gallery at Collin College
"Wall of Fame"
Former Student Spotlight for
May 15-June 15, 2020

GodleyJacob Jacob Godley                                                      

GodleyGroup
I am currently a student at Texas A&M University-Commerce. I recently helped the city of Farmersville by researching about Broadband Internet and presenting the results to the city council with my team. Very grateful to God for that opportunity. 

From a personal standpoint, as a student majoring in Computer Science, I had zero knowledge of visual arts. However, working at the Collin College Art Gallery completely turned that around (not that I know everything about an artwork but I've started to appreciate the art a lot more). Paying attention to the details, by trying to analyze what the artist is trying to convey, and so on are some of the things I learned over time as a Collin College Art Gallery Assistant.  

When I was hired, Julie also hired two other students named Dan and Robyn. Even though at first we were co-workers, we eventually became very good friends and still talk to this day. Dan especially is one of my good buddies and we used to hang out after work or classes while we still went to Collin College. We still stay in touch and I intend to keep it that way.

Working at the Collin College Art Gallery is a very unique experience. You have tasks that help you gain more expertise in various different aspects such as customer service, building valuable relationships, time management and so many others that I can't even fit here. And on top of that, working in the gallery surrounds you with positive vibes.

Top