All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
What We Stand For
What We Stand For
Collin County Community College District is a student and community-centered institution committed to developing skills, strengthening character, and challenging the intellect.
Delivering a brighter future for our students and communities.
Through its campuses, centers, and programs, Collin College fulfills community and industry needs and its statutory charge by providing:
- Academic courses in the arts and sciences to transfer to senior institutions
- Programs leading to baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees or certificates, including technical programs, designed to develop marketable skills and promote economic development
- Continuing adult education programs for academic, professional, occupational and cultural enhancement
- Developmental education and literacy programs designed to improve the basic skills of students
- A program of student support services, including counseling and learning resources designed to assist individuals in achieving their educational and career goals
- Workforce, economic, and community development initiatives designed to meet local and state needs
- Other purposes as may be directed by the Board and/or the laws of the State of Texas
Practicing Academic Freedom
At Collin College, our Board policies, consistent with the constitutional freedoms guaranteed to all citizens, promote the free expression of ideas of all individuals, including the academic freedom of faculty, which contribute to creativity, learning, and greater understanding. In exercising these freedoms, our employees should recognize, as indicated in Board Policy DGC(LOCAL), that “their actions will inevitably be judged by the public and reflect upon their profession and institution. Therefore, [employees] will strive for accuracy, exercise appropriate restraint, exhibit tolerance for differing opinions, and indicate clearly that they are not official spokespeople for the College...".
At Collin College, we have made a strong commitment to uphold our Core Values, and particularly the value of treating all with dignity and respect. We encourage our students, faculty, and staff to exhibit and practice those Core Values as an example to one another and to our community. By doing so, we will achieve the college’s vision of delivering a brighter future for our students and communities.